TMI CPO® COURSES
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 282,000 successful CPO® certifications in 64 countries. Many state and local health departments accept the CPO® certification program.
TMI is a Certified Pool Operator Instructor company and the entire TMI Technical Staff are Certified Pool Operators. TMI has been offering CPO® courses since 2002, and have certified hundreds of participants over the years. We have two CPO® Instructors on staff and five instructors on our team. Collectively we hold approximately ten CPO® courses per year across four states – Washington, Alaska, Florida and New York.
TMI Salt Pure Corp (Washington State) Instructors, Timothy Petsch and Kate Cunha
Pool & Spa Education and Consulting LLC (Alaska) Instructor,Cory Willis (TMI Representative for AK)
American Pool Consultants (New York) Instructor,Paul Blake (TMI Representative for NY)
Bill Hamilton Associates (Orlando, Florida) Instructor, Bill Hamilton(TMI Representative for FL)
Certified Pool Operator classes cover a wide breadth of information pertinent to all facilities and types of commercial bodies of water. This makes the course beneficial to all pool operators, both industry veterans and those new to pools. Upon successful completion of the course, the participant receives his or her certification from the National Swimming Pool foundation. The CPO® certification is highly valued in the aquatic industry.
The CPO® certification program requires participation in either a two-day class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or the blended format that combines the online Pool Operator Primer™ and one day of the Pool Operator Fusion™ class of instruction
Topis and material covered include pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements
The CPO® certification program requires an open book written examination and certification is valid for 5 years.
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
- Comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly
- All courses are taught by NSPF® certified instructors
- The CPO® certification is recognized nationally and internationally
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
- The CPO® Certification program is now eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Spanish language books available*
* TMI does not teach the course in Spanish, but Spanish books and tests are available. The request for a Spanish book/test must be made at time of registration and must be made at least 2 weeks before the course date.
TMI’s next CPO Course will be:
March 26th & 27th, 2014
You can download the registration form by clicking the link below.